Communications Event Coordinator
Under supervision of the Communications and Events Specialist, the Communications Event Coordinator provides marketing and administrative support to the Communications team. Main activities to include, event coordination and administrative support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coordination of event and trade show participation representing investments of $10,000 and below, including:
- Proactively plan and communicate with outside companies and vendors, internal staff and producers, event sponsors and attendees regarding events.
- Coordinate the registration and attendance for events, maintaining database of sponsors, attendees and donors.
- Assist with the development and coordination of event promotion and publicity with Communications and Events Specialist and other members of the Communications team through use of digital media platforms, printed materials, etc.
- Coordinate and provide onsite support for company events including scheduling, ordering catering, assisting with logistical set up and breakdown and moderating, as needed.
- Assist Communications and Events Specialist in research of vendors, venues and events through online inquiries, onsite tours and event attendance
- Keep track of and execute sponsorship deliverables
- Manage and execute client-facing seminars.
- Collaborate with internal thought leaders and outside speakers on scheduling and promoting seminars
- Monitor and update registration portals
- Provide pre-event reminders, onsite support and post-event recaps to relevant parties
- Manage the firm’s supply of promotional materials.
- Under the direction and approval of Communications and Events Specialists, place orders for all company-approved promotional items, display materials and clothing for associates, clients and prospects.
- Research, develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Record spending and conduct ongoing cost analysis to determine trends and identify areas for cost savings.
- Research and implement new marketing concepts and opportunities to support the ordering, procurement, distribution and selection of promotional material.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Communications team
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Record budget spending as directed by Director and Communications and Events Specialist
- Provide budget reports as requested
- Manage inventory of marketing collateral
- Respond to vendor solicitation calls and correspondence
- Proofreading copy
- Prepare AMEX reports
- Other general marketing duties and internal communication support as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Communications Events Coordinator must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- Must have the verbal, written, quantitative and interpersonal skills normally acquired through the pursuit of or completion of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications.
- Strong organization and coordination skills.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in the use of customer service standards and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel) and the Internet.
- Proficiency in Adobe graphics design software preferred.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License & have reliable transportation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- This is a physically active position requiring the ability to stoop and bend regularly, and lift up to10 lbs.
Occasional offsite event production assistance in the San Diego region. (i.e., picking up catering orders, dropping off banners, etc.)
- 10% - 20% travel may be required. Travel consists of 1 – 2 overnight trips per year covering areas both in and out of state. In addition, 1 – 2 days per week may be spent visiting vendors and attending events within the San Diego County.
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on rare occasion due to attendance and participation at networking and industry functions that begin well before the workday, and may extend well into the evening.
Click HERE for PDF version.