Buying health coverage while attending a University in the US can be confusing. Here you can find clear information about which plan would be the best option. International Medical Group (IMG) provides two plans – Standard or Platinum.
The cost for both plans will be paid on an individual monthly based on your age.
Student Health AdvantageSM
Student Health Advantage is designed to meet the needs of scholars and international students, families, and groups of two or more involved in long-term educational programs. In addition to meeting the requirements of the J1 Visa, this plan includes benefits for maternity, mental health and organized sports. After a period of 12 months, pre-existing conditions will be covered as well.
Individuals - Platinum
Individuals - Standard
In addition to the above plans should include:
- Pre-existing conditions coverage after reasonable waiting period
- A co-insurance provision that does not exceed 25% of the covered benefits per accident or illness by the exchange visitor
- Does not exclude benefits for perils inherent to the activities of the exchange program in which the exchange visitor participates
Once you choose a plan that is right for you, we will help you step by step. As soon as you complete the enrollment application, we encourage you to register and login to the IMG website. This site will help you with the following:
- Locate a Provider (Doctor or Hospital)
- Print an ID Card
- Obtain Visa Confirmation Letter
- Declaration of Medical Insurance
- Coverage Documentation
- Contact IMG
Claims Process –What should I do if I receive a bill, or need to be reimbursed for services I received?
If you receive a bill or if you have paid for a service and need to be reimbursed, send your bill, proof of payment, and a claim form to the insurance company at the address on the claim form. You can download and print a copy of the claim form here.
Include your name, health insurance ID number, and university name on the bill and claim form. Please keep a copy for your records.