Organizational Learning Specialist
The Organizational Learning (OL) Specialist provides a variety of assistance within the OL function of the Support department. The OL Specialist is primarily responsible for the identification and implementation of learning initiatives across the organization. In partnership with the OL Manager and key business stakeholders, this position will conduct needs assessments, manage organizational learning projects, provide individual coaching, and facilitate instructor-led courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer the Personal Excellence Plan (P.E.P.) program.
- Meet with new associates to communicate the culture of Organizational Learning and promote furthering education and a commitment to excellence through P.E.P.
- Respond to questions regarding P.E.P. program guidelines, approval process, designation information, course availability, and resource options.
- Verify the purchase of learning materials approved through P.E.P. program.
- Assist associates with the registration of off-site courses and exams with appropriate institution.
- Monitor training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded.
- Manage needs assessment for all offices.
- Identify and partner with key stakeholders in each office to assess training needs (may include travel).
- Influence management’s decision making process by incorporating a broad, global scope to ensure alignment with business goals.
- Determine learning solutions, propose options, create a training plan, and present to key stakeholders for approval.
- Coordinate on-site curriculum and courses.
- Reserve conference rooms, contact instructors to schedule courses and obtain course details (e.g., course descriptions, preferred room set-up, class size, CE credits, catering).
- Follow-up with instructors prior to course start date to confirm attendees and other logistics.
- Complete all preparation for courses. (e.g. advertising, ordering refreshments, printing materials).
- Monitor and track all training courses for program effectiveness and associate satisfaction.
- Design and deliver formal and informal learning solutions.
- Analyze and identify appropriate learning methods based on knowledge of adult learning principles and target audience.
- Build a training proposal based on existing learning needs that aligns course objectives with performance outcomes and gain support from key stakeholders.
- Integrate appropriate technology options to address specific learning and performance needs.
- Partner with internal and external subject matter experts to design and develop effective instructional materials.
- Deliver engaging and effective learning solutions to enhance the learner experience.
- Use learning metrics to measure the impact of learning and performance solutions and report on results.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Position requires a service oriented individual with a high level of integrity, maturity and personal standards. Must be assertive, positive and approachable, and project a professional image in action and appearance. Must handle confidential information and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
In addition, the following is required:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years experience within a corporate learning and development function.
- Experience with facilitating instructor-led workshops and learning events.
- Proficient in administering and working with a Learning Management System (LMS). Experience with Cornerstone OnDemand is a plus.
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills along with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem-solve during ambiguous situations, use sound judgment, and maintain flexibility and composure during change.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a varied pace, adhere to schedules and deadlines, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think “outside-the-box” and contribute innovative ideas and suggestions to the team.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite including work experience creating professional level documents, presentations and flyers.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity using the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation) model or SAM (Successive Approximation Model) strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with basic insurance educational needs preferred.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to stand for extended periods while facilitating instructor-led workshops.
- Comfortable with setting-up A/V equipment and web-conference software.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Flexible office hours; however, must be available when courses are held to ensure they run smoothly.
- Travel to various Barney & Barney offices occasionally required which may entail overnight trips.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
Click HERE for PDF version.