Publications Print Coordinator
This position is responsible for carrying out the duties necessary to complete job requests. Such duties mainly involve processing a very high volume of document print requests, rush requests, assembling jobs, and proofreading documents. In addition, the Publications Print Coordinator is responsible for maintenance of and training associates on the large color printers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Printing job requests.
- Monitor the email inbox to which print requests are sent.
- As requests come in, prioritize based on lead time and due date.
- Using the appropriate software print according to job request and proof to ensure compliance with B&B’s branding standards.
- Request additional print request information from associates as necessary.
- Inform appropriate associates when job requests have been completed.
- Assemble job requests using tape binding, laminating or other assembly machines/tools.
- Gather and arrange the material and documents needed to assemble job, following instructions provided by the associate requesting the job.
- Follow departmental process and procedures regarding the creation and maintenance of records and documents.
- Maintain print metrics including number of requests for day, insufficient lead times, rush requests etc.
- Utilize alternative presentation solutions, strategies and methods with the goal of ensuring use of the most current and cost-appropriate methods available.
- Using online and trade resources, investigate and report on new technologies, cost-saving alternatives and other tools.
- Responsible for maintenance of and training associates on large color printers and other Publications machines.
- Operate and re-supply printers and copiers by changing toner, adding paper, and clearing jams.
- Ensure that printer room is kept neat and stocked with paper, binding materials, and other needed supplies.
- Analyze and problem solve any print/maintenance issues with the production printers before calling outside technician support.
- Ability to communicate well with outside print technicians.
- Gather and analyze metric information for future leases, give input on.
Education and/or Experience
- One year experience in a professional office environment showing increasing responsibility directly related to the above duties is preferred but not required.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office software is required, knowledge in Adobe Acrobat Professional a plus
- Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- High school diploma required.
- Must be dependable, possess a strong attention to detail, and enjoy working in a fast paced team environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard, as well as sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- This position requires the ability to stoop and bend regularly, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Extended work hours required on occasion
Click HERE for PDF version.