Senior Claims Analyst
Under minimal supervision of the Director of P&C Claims, this position is responsible for servicing clients in the Orange County and LA region through high level claims advocacy and management of claims. This position will also strategize and collaborate with the Orange County Director of Risk & Loss on a regular and on-going basis on strategies to enhance value added services for MMA’s clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service clients through claims advocacy and consultation.
- Participate in and provide advocacy on litigation strategy, and strategize with the Director of Property & Casualty Claims to assist in settlement discussions and resolution of large and complex claims.
- Evaluate the facts of contractual and policy obligations to determine the advisability of disputing a claim decision.
- Present both verbally and in written claim reviews to clients and carriers, claims activity summarizations identifying key claims issues and concerns and develops a strategy for coverage.
- Maintain computer based calendaring system of events for clients, including critical dates for claims reviews
- Maintain and document claim files, including summarizing coverage positions and claim strategies.
- Maintains active claim file diary and claim notes.
- Apprise key internal associates of claims status and develop coverage strategies.
- Provide ongoing and regular updates to service teams for claims assigned.
- Provide a formal status update to service teams of complex claims, pending litigation or arbitration, and the strategy and tactics to be used in working with the adjuster to resolve such claims.
- Consult as needed with the Director of Property & Casualty Claims to summarize disputed or denied claims and the steps taken to bring them to a favorable resolution for our clients.
- Support strategies to enhance value added services.
- Participate in sales and service calls at the request of Client Executives and clients.
- Participate in revenue generating training, education seminars and the development of claims management consulting agreements.
- Coordinate and Assist P&C Claims Analysts & Supervisors
- Work with P&C Claims Analysts and Supervisors to ensure value added claims advocacy is provided to clients
- Assist P&C Claims Analysts in communication to Client Executives and clients on complex claims issues and updates
- Staff Development
- Supervise, direct and develop the skills, knowledge and abilities of P&C Claims staff.
- Assess and provide for their resource and training needs.
- Evaluate performance and provide ongoing constructive feedback and coaching regarding achievement of goals and skills need to be successful in the position.
- Take on assignments and duties as requested by the Director of P&C Claims.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidates will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors and clients. The Property & Casualty Claims Senior Analyst must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- Must have a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of General Liability, including claims made and complex legal insurance coverage issues and experiences in several lines of Property & Casualty insurance, contractual policy language requirements and the implications of that language as it pertains to coverage for claims. This knowledge is generally acquired through a minimum of 5 years’ experience claims adjusting, underwriting and / or servicing property and liability insurance products as well as insurance coverage law experience.
- Must have the verbal, quantitative and interpersonal skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelors degree, preferably in business administration or management.
- Must have law degree from accredited law school and have practiced for over 4 years in complex litigation and have insurance coverage law experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education including development of policyholder coverage in the industry through licensing or designations applicable to property and liability insurance field is preferred.
- Maintain an unrestricted valid California Driver’s License, and auto insurance as required by California law.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel) and the Internet.
- Proficient in Westlaw or Lexis legal research software.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- 30% - 45% travel may be required. Travel consists of 1 – 5 overnight trips per year covering areas both in and out of state. In addition, 3-4 days per week are spent visiting clients at their offices..
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion due to attendance and participation at educational and industry functions that begin well before the workday, and may extend well into the evening as well as travel.
- Office environment, except during periods of travel.
Click HERE for PDF version.