Technology Advisor, Employee Benefits
The EB Technology Advisor is a thought leader regarding technology solutions for our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research & Service
- Review and recommend systems for best client fit such as, but not limited to:
- Online Benefit Administration
- Review platforms to ensure configurations comply with health care reform and variable hour compliance.
- Review platforms and workflows to ascertain efficiencies and gaps and to maximize products for client use.
- Review platforms to ensure competitive pricing for clients.
- Conduct calls with current service partners as necessary, to assist teams and clients with concerns or current problems.
- Project management for implementation of HRIS and/or Online Benefit Administration for clients.
- Soft transition of client to MarketLink team for implementation of this solution.
- Project management to ensure EDI feeds are implemented and actively transmitting data to carriers and vendors.
- Work with carriers, service partners and internal teams when an electronic data integration issue needs resolution.
- Generate data points for comparison to be used as a Division resource. Keep updated annually with service partner features and functionality releases.
- Draft, manage and oversee the RFP selection process for new service partners.
- Ensure projects are shared across Division Resources. Avoid project duplication by staying in communication with office leaders.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and new market entrants as the HCM/HRIS market landscape evolves.
- Work with Division associates to provide them training on applicable systems.
- Act as a Division resource for questions related to systems.
- Create a technology newsletter (monthly or quarterly) that is relatable to our clients and systems that affect how they operate. Work with Communications to ensure newsletters are made available on our website.
- Create content for our website and blog.
- Client Consultation
- Attend client meetings for systems demonstration upon request.
- Conduct discovery discussions with clients to best
Education And/Or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates / offices and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Technology Advisor must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- Successful work history to include 5+ years of experience in health and welfare products / market and specifically in the field of technology.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Professional history must show increasing levels responsibility directly related to the performance of the above duties.
- Strong familiarity with the Employee Benefits marketplace to include unique business industry needs, educational and professional development associations, carriers, and other broker agencies. Strong knowledge of and experience with alternative funding and plan designs.
- Current technical knowledge and understanding of Employee Benefit federal and state legislation.
- Knowledgeable of HRIS systems and benefits administration systems.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Ability to make independent decisions and use good judgment in addressing and servicing client and team needs.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide non-technical explanations to technical matters, and summarize and present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and verbal format.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Obtain and maintain a valid, unrestricted California Life & Disability License and meet continuing education requirements.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License & have reliable transportation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- 15% - 30% travel is required. Travel consists of 1 – 2 overnight trips per month covering areas both in and out of state. Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion due to attendance and participation at networking and industry functions that begin well before the workday, and may extend well into the evening.
Click HERE for PDF version.